Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Sucking People

This morning, my sister told me about her workmate whose husband wants to get married again (with silly reason to avoid doing adultery coz he has fallen in love with another woman!) This woman sounded very annoyed but couldn't complain coz she has been indoctrinated that a wife cannot prohibit the husband to be polygamous. "How could I prohibit him to do that if in the Al-Quran itself God stated that it is okay for men to have two, three, or four wives? Will I be sinful to prohibit my husband to get married again?"

I heaved a very deep breath when my sister told me about that. A pain attacked my heart.
And just now, I found a blogsite that I believe belong to an Indonesian person. One conspicous post I found there was about polygamy. He wrote that a woman doesn't have any right to prohibit the husband to get married again.

Those sucking people ...

How could they interpret the verses in Al-Quran as what they like (read only to give special privileges to men?) Why didn't they interpret it for everybody's fair privileges (both men and women).

Oh goodness, in this 21st century, there are still many selfish men in Muslim regions don't want to THINK by using everybody's common sense (not only for their own benefit).

I hate it. I hate it, I REALLY HATE IT.

(FYI, the blogger didn't give a chance to the blog readers to give comments. Coward!)

2 comments:

jiwakitamerdeka said...

Well, I would suggest if you could ask around & look for an expert in Usul Fiqh (Methodology for Research and Knowledge in Islamic Jurisprudence) on the matter. The learned Muslim jurists had done this years ago. Ask her or him....and report back to us. Tq.

FemaleHumanat20s said...

I bumped into your blog recently and I've read some of your old posts. The more I read it, the more irresistible it becomes not to leave any comment.

I think men who justify polygamy on the basis of religion are just some horny pathetic dudes who have no respect to their wives. I mean, there are so many positive traits of Rasulullah that they can follow, what makes them qualified to do this one? Rasulullah is guaranteed by God to be in paradise, and what makes them think having more than one wife will enable them to be in paradise too? Unless there is a guarantee and proof that they have combination of traits of being truthful (shidiq), trustworthy (amanah), intelligent (fathanah), and willing to share their knowledge (tabligh), no men on earth has the right to be polygamous.