Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Buddha say ...

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"

How many of us believe in many things without using their commn sense? without being critical to what they believe in? without understanding the core of a certain problem?

However, I come to a conclusion why many youngsters of Indonesian people just become a copycat without using their common sense is caused by the older generations that always behave, "I know better coz I am older than you. Please just listen to me, and believe in anything I say," and they don't encourage the younger generations to be critical. Many older generations are even allergic to criticism.

So??? Here is the result => the younger generations that don't have their own way of thinking.

It reminds me of a book entitled, "Sekolah adalah candu" (Schools are just like opium).

Schools just produced smart copycats.

1 comment:

jiwakitamerdeka said...

At university, we are tought to THINK & to rationalise our THINKING. But others may be right sometimes. The absolute belongs to God. We have to believe it. Itulah makna beragama.