Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2020

Ghost Woman

 


In 2005 I 'met' someone online. Desperately wanting to leave my hometown (to end my marriage) and wanting to end my relationship with a hunk I thought I fell in love with (unfortunately he was married), I easily got trapped with this someone I met online in one cyber chatroom.

 

 

He said he was sill 24 years and a college student. And of course he said he was single. We had a very nice chat so that we were easily attracted to each other. Not long after that, he spent some time to meet me in the city where I was pursuing my study back then. Let's call him 'A' from 'asshole', lol.

 

 

We did meet in one hotel somewhere near Malioboro street, one very popular tourist destination in Jogja. But we spent time only less than 15 minutes. He seemed very busy with his schedule. Innocent me, I didn't interrogate what made him very busy. Lol.

 

 

Around a week later, a woman called my mobile number. She said she got my number from her husband. And guess, her husband is that 'asshole', lol. That asshole in fact had two wives already! Wow. One living in Jakarta, the other one was the one calling me, living in Jogja. She said on the day when I had a date with that asshole, he was dating her, hahahahah … no wonder he was very busy, huh? Lol. And of course, he was not an innocent 24 year old college student. He was more than thirty years old.

 

 

Of course I learned my lesson well. I no longer let myself carried away by a man's flirts easily.

 

 

 

FYI, recently this woman once in a while appeared in my social media life. We join the same alumni group. Once in a blue moon, she left a reaction on my posts there, without her knowing I am the one she was begging to leave her part time husband. Lol. In fact, I am curious whether she was still in relationship with that asshole or she already moved on. Gosh, a woman as smart and pretty as she is, must be able to find another reliable man in no time. Why did she let herself fall for such an asshole?

 

PT56 15.42 22 September 2020

 

No comments: