Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2023

V u l n e r a b l e

 


To be vulnerable or not to be vulnerable? That is the question.

 

We’re afraid to let our guard down and show who we really are. We hide our weaknesses and mask our shortcomings for the fear of being judged, the fear of being rejected and above all, the fear of getting hurt.

 

What if he thinks less of me? What if he doesn’t understand? Think about it this way: The person who is right for you won’t judge you for being real. It’s okay to say you don’t have it all together. Nobody does. Every single one of us is a work in progress until the day we die.

 

The ability to take off the mask shows courage. Being vulnerable isn’t a weakness. It’s a strength.

 

It’s only when you stop pretending and start being real that you can connect in a deep and meaningful way with another person.

 

Take me for example. Writing my book is the ultimate act of vulnerability. I’m sharing the most intimate parts of myself with the world. Yes, I’ve had moments when I debated finishing it because I was afraid of being judged and rejected. On some level, I still am. But it hurts so much more not to write it. This is who I am. Thinking of how much I can help people in their lives far outweighs the risk of rejection.

 

When you feel the self-doubt start to creep in, ask yourself: What’s worse: rejection or regret? What are you more afraid of? Picturing the rest of your life fearful of putting yourself out there, isn’t just a scary thought; it’s a tragedy. No rejection is more painful than the regret you will feel of time wasted and opportunities lost.

 

 Copied from this link.

No comments: