Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Reality versus TV serials

 

I am excited when finding out some people's opinions about Carrie Bradshaw's life: Carrie's lifestyle is somewhat impossible to happen in New York. Carrie works 'just' as a columnist in one newspaper, yet, the serials show her extravagant lifestyle: e.g. going everywhere by taxi -- instead of taking subway which is cheaper -- not to mention her hobby to collect branded shoes.

 


 

And today, I just found another article containing someone's opinion about Gilmore Girls, especially Lorelai's capability to stand by herself:

 

"how Lorelai managed to only work one job, pay a mortgage, provide for her daughter, and always eat takeout?"

 


 

I watched GG for the first time around 16 years ago, and I really admired Lorelai who showed her financial stability despite the fact that she raised Rory by herself, separated herself from her wealthy parents in order that her parents wouldn't interfere her way of raising her only daughter. As a single parent, Lorelai was my role model, besides her amazing relationship with Rory. I somewhat blamed myself for not being able to be really financially established while in fact I had 2 (sometimes more) jobs. Back then.

 

Well, serials are just too perfect to happen in ordinary people's lives, aren't they?

 

I am being amused, by myself, when writing this, lol.

 

PT56 14.43 03.10.2023

 

No comments: