Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

P R A Y I N G


“Praying is none other than communication with ourselves.”

I happened to find this statement in one note of one online buddy on FB several weeks ago. A spiritualist, this is how he labeled himself. At that time, using my ‘present’ point of view I could see the ‘truth’ behind this statement. I don’t consider myself as a spiritualist though. As one can find in my profile information on FB, I wrote ‘a secular Muslim’ to label myself, although in practice, I am more to agnostic or deist. Anyway, what is labeling for?

In communicating with myself I can write in my diary, blogs, or even write to my loved ones – my other half, my good friends, even recently in statuses of my FB. I sometimes need my loved ones to reply what I have written. However, just writing to them something has been very fulfilling.

Or maybe not in the form of writing? For those who find writing difficult thing to do, just talk to ourselves, in our bedroom, in the restroom, on our way to somewhere (make sure still be alert to the traffic), when swimming, at the office (when you can spare time being alone).

Indeed, praying can be done anywhere and anytime. :)


PBIS 11.50 270410

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I never thought of praying in that way. Nice idea

Nana Podungge said...

John ...

thank you :)

Mawar Angelina said...

Mbae, what i asked you in the multiply already answer here,, hehehe. Some I agree with you, but for my self.. sometimes I "use" pray to reflect my self.

*anyway English always makes me tired to read your blog (sambil buka2 kamus soalnya..)
Lol,,

Nana Podungge said...

Mawar,

betul, memang kata 'pray' bisa berarti banyak, sedangkan di postingan '#morningpray', aku lebih mengacu ke jenis doa yang aku pelajari waktu kecil, minta apa pun juga kepada sang maha kuasa :)

btw, I am relieved to know that you have found the answer of your own question in my next door blog :)